Thursday 15 December 2011

Is your skip full or empty?

Last Saturday’s full moon had quite an effect on me and from the conversations I have had over the last two days, it seems I might not be the only one.

For me it seems to have dredged up loads of stuff I thought I had said goodbye to some time ago and watching it playing out once more has been unpleasant to say the least! I wanted though to share something that happened to me on Tuesday morning.

We have been having building work done at home and as I was looking out my bedroom window on Tuesday morning I saw the lorry arrive to take away the full skip. It had an empty skip on it and I wondered if we were going to be getting yet another one to fill. I found myself wondering how the driver would swap them over. Would he unload the empty skip and then take away the full one....leaving the builders to manoeuvre the empty one into place? Would he take away the full one and them come back with an empty one later?

I watched intrigued as he lifted up the full skip and placed it inside the empty skip on the truck. He then moved the chains onto the empty skip and lifted the full skip inside the empty skip back on to the drive. Finally he move the chains again and lifted the full skip back onto the truck and drove away. Magic!!

As I stood there marvelling at the solution, I got the impression I was being shown something about how change happens. Yes, I know, some people have guides who are angels....I have skip drivers! I imagined how I would feel standing at street level on the drive. I would watch the rubbish in the full skip being taken away.....great. But then, “Oh no! What’s this? Here it comes back again!” Would I see the empty skip carrying it.....or would it just look like all the rubbish returning?

I wonder if that is what this recent full moon has been like. Bringing to the surface a lot of rubbish we thought we had got rid of. But underneath there is something new we can’t quite see yet. Is it the arrival of something new that is sweeping away the old. It could feel pretty awful if we just look at the rubbish but if we wait a few moments longer the rubbish is going to be taken away leaving something new..... hopefully not another empty skip to be filled with yet more rubbish!


with love

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment