Friday 8 June 2012

Flexi-time?

So here we are in June already and there is so much happening it is taking a real discipline to retain the degree of stability which is needed to stay outside the story. One of the clearest indicators of change to me is the elasticity of time. Travelling back on the train from London the other day I called my wife to let her know what time I would be home so that I could get a lift from the station. The parameters were very clear and the usual operation of time suggested that from where I was the journey would take a minimum of fifteen minutes but a probable twenty. I obviously checked the current time and gave a fairly certain expectation of my arrival time. Disembarking the train I realised that time had moved on by only eight minutes and I that somehow I had no real recall of the last part of the journey. I was a little bemused, not to mention fed up at having to wait in the rain for a lift, but noticed others around me in the same situation. I am used to strange experiences with time but this one had clearly transcended planet Bill to other more regular commuters.

On reflection the past month has been a strange combination of time passing in a blink of an eye, yet an incredible amount of time available to achieve the seemingly unachievable. Our experience at the Mind, Body, Spirit show in London seems to have packed a months worth of activity into ten days.

Others have reported a real urgency to get on with projects and setting seemingly impractical timelines for themselves, only to find providence and co-operation make things happen.

One of the aspects of the current shift which we are all experiencing has been the fragility of our previously certain reference points, and I suspect this is what is happening with time. In the past the time between having a thought and having the experience generated by that thought has been slow enough to allow a degree of flexibility. It has taken a continued focus on something for it to become our reality. My experience of late is that the time between a thought and a manifestation has greatly reduced. This is fantastic if you are disciplined and productive in your thinking but less so if you are scattered and pessimistic in your outlook. Without the luxury of time to temper your thought patterns it has become important to be aware of where you are placing your attention.

We are all more powerful than we have previously been aware because of the long lead time necessary for manifestation. Now that the old reference point of time is becoming more fluid and the speed of manifestation is increasing we will become more aware of our power. With power comes responsibility, but that responsibility is to yourself. Become more aware of the effects that your thoughts have on your experience and you will soon learn to embrace that power.

No comments:

Post a Comment