Monday 25 June 2012

What's your game?

I have spent the last two weeks helping people create new family money legacies.

Listening to the family stories I found myself in awe of the resilience of the human spirit. Then one evening I found myself standing back from the stories and marvelling at the variety of beliefs we have inherited which lead to us, in effect, rejecting money. At that point an image dropped into my head.

I saw Money sitting on a wall swinging it’s legs looking fed-up (think Humpty Dumpty and substitute a £50 note for an egg!). “What’s up?” I asked. “Oh, I’m just waiting for someone to play with,” Money  replied. Then I realised it was sitting on the wall of a playground full of groups of people playing different games.

“But there are loads of people to play with.” I said. “Well it’s not as easy as that.” Money replied. “You see that group over there think I’m dirty so I can’t play with them. That group over there think I make people unhappy so they won’t play. I can only play with men in that group and if I try to play with that group over there they lock me up and I never get away.

“What about that group playing Grandmother’s Footsteps over there?” I asked. “Oh that’s the Law of Attraction lot...I don’t really understand that game but everynow and then I just go over and join in and they get very excited. There’s another group over there who are fun for a while but then the other people make them feel guilty so they usually send me away.”

“There must be someone.” I said. Suddenly, Money jumped off the wall. “Sorry got to dash. That group over there have decided they have worked hard enough so they will play with me for a while.” At which point Money ran off to play with a woman who looked surprisingly like.....hang on a minute...me!

Which game are you playing?

with love

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment